lucky or blessed?!?!

21 April 2009





i am either very lucky to get this amazing little doll quilt...
or i am totally blessed...i can't decide.
:O)

yall are looking at the cutest little doll quilt known to man.
well one of them anyways...the other one is HERE.
i am SO lucky blessed to own them both!!!

this adorable little quilt was made by a fellow georgia gal, claire.
{yall can find her under her flickr name: milliemorgan.}
she made this JUST FOR ME for the doll quilt swap 6.
and she totally just gets me. lol.

i gotta tell yall...
when i opened my package, i cried like a baby.
{i know, i know...here she goes with the crying again.}
i ♥ the quilt. ALOT.
but what made me cry was the pincushion.
WHAT!?! <--- i heard yall say that. lol.
just keep reading.

the fact that she made me something that reflected my home state...
let's just say it was touching to say the least.

thanks SO much claire!!!
it was fun to go back through the teaser pics & see my comments about this quilt.
{for those that don't know, our swap partners were secret.}

this little quilt is amazing!!!
i ♥ the fabric choices!!!
i ♥ the scalloped border!!!
and i really ♥ how it looks on my dining room table!!!

so...i'm SUPER lucky.
and i'm SUPER blessed.

oh and do wanna know something funny???
when i look at this quilt, for some reason, it reminds me of nanette.
i don't know why, it just does. lol.

p.s. we've had very ireland-ish weather here, so please excuse the pic quality.

Pin It!

20 comments:

sweetbabies00 said...

It's so pretty and I love the pincushion, what a treat. Enjoy.

Barb said...

What a beautiful Doll Quilt Rachel. You are blessed!

Robin said...

oh how beautiful! I love both of them!

Cindy said...

Blessed you are! The doll quilt is so pretty and the pin cushion...how sweet is that!

Cindy said...

Blessed you are! The doll quilt is so pretty and the pin cushion...how sweet is that!

Abby and Stephanie said...

What a darling little quilt. Love the scalloped edge.

Pat said...

How very pretty...and it makes me want to get brave enough to try a scalloped border sometime. What a NICE addition to the package to put that special pincushion, too!

Della said...

You lucky girl. The quilt is darling. I'm wanting to do the scalloped edge thing. Hugs

Anina said...

Cute cute quilt! I really, really want to make a quilt with a scalloped border.

Zonnah said...

Wow, the quilt is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I vote for lucky AND blessed! How lovely :)

Angela Yosten said...

Adorable... oh... and I think you are blessed.

Sherri said...

You are blessed, Rachel! And I can see why it reminds you of Nanette!

l said...

it is so pretty!!! this has been such a fun project to participate in!

Annette said...

Beautiful quilt! I love small quilts. You are blessed indeed.

Unknown said...

Its gorgeous - I would have cried too!! :)

Dawn said...

What a sweet little quilt!! And pincushion!! You are blessed!

Kathy said...

The doll quilt and pincushion are both so sweet. You are very blessed.

Thimbleanna said...

Wow -- I think you're both! I LOVE that little quilt -- I think it's one of the cutest doll quilts I've seen in blogland!

happy zombie said...

So darling! It looks like a Darlene Zimmerman quilt... beautiful!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...