rachel's famous pasta salad.

11 April 2009

rachel's famous pasta salad:

2 bottles robust italian dressing.
1 box garden rotini pasta.
1 pint grape tomatoes.
1 medium sized cucumber.
1 medium sized green bell pepper.
1 brick extra sharp cheddar cheese.
1/2 brick pepper jack cheese.

while you are cooking the pasta per directions on box...
cut up green veggies, the cheeses and rinse tomatoes.

pour those veggies in a bowl with 1 bottle of italian dressing.
{this is so the flavors will marry.}

when pasta is done, drain it.
rinse in cold water and then throw a big handful of ice on top.
the ice will begin to melt and make the pasta cooler.
when the pasta is completely cool, add it to the veggie mix.

cover and place in fridge for at least an hour.

when it's time to serve, mix in 1/2 of the other bottle of italian dressing.
{unless you want to add the whole thing.}

and there you have it.
you have just made rachel's famous pasta salad.

i make this throughout the spring & summer for our house.
and it's perfect for potlucks, bbq's, and family gatherings.
just make sure you double it...it goes fast in a crowd.

oh and one more thing...
if pepper jack cheese isn't your cup of tea, 1/2 a brick of mozarella works perfectly.

enjoy.

Pin It!

15 comments:

Annette said...

ooo yum that looks so good. I am going to try it. Thanks.

Kritta22 said...

Ummmm...Yummy!!!

That looks so delish!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing...now I'll be cool like you!

"I understand why Superman is here but why the Armadillo?"

Micki said...

Looks yummy!
Micki

Unknown said...

Looks delicsh!

Lisa said...

I do the same thing with the Italian dressing- I like Kraft Zesty Italian best. It's also good with pepperoni, banana pepper rings, cheese and tomatoes. Or red onion, black beans and the green peppers with pepper jack. Ok, so really I'll just throw in anything I have laying around. It's the perfect summer lunch.

Thimbleanna said...

Looks yummy Rachel! I have a similar recipe but it uses cut up tomatoes -- I think next time I'll try grape tomatoes -- they look so good!

Anina said...

Yum! What size brick of cheese?

Nanette Merrill said...

Yummy!

Unknown said...

Raquel: I love your blog, am Argentina, do not speak Englishman, but I like me very much everything what you sew, congratulate you!!!!!, a greeting Vero

Anonymous said...

where's mine?

Dionne said...

Mmmmm, looks yummy! Can't wait to try it!
Cheers,
Dionne

Trisha said...

My mouth is watering...

Dawn said...

Yummo!! Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda Jean said...

that looks so good! i could go for a bowl of it right now. thanks for the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Just whipped this up to go with dinner tonite. It is now in the fridge. Really looking forward to it. I plan to toss in some avocado when serving because I have a few to use up. We are also having grilled chicken breast and pineapple rings. Thanks for post this recipe...last year!

andreakrauss@yahoo.com

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...