rachel's skillet lasagna.

21 February 2009


what y'all will need:
1 lb. ground beef or chuck
2-3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 jar {26 oz.} your favorite spaghetti sauce
1 3/4 cups water
1/4 cup zesty italian dressing
1 box oven ready lasagna noodles, broken into quarters
1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
dash of parsley or cilantro
salt & pepper to taste

brown meat in large skillet on medium heat until done; drain, return to pan.

add garlic, spaghetti sauce, water & dressing.
bring to boil.
note: you can add in 1 chopped green pepper here, if you wanna.

stir in noodles; reduce heat to medium-low. cover.

cook, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes. or until noodles are tender.
remove from heat.
sprinkle with cheese. cover.
let stand about 5 minutes. or until cheese is melted.

serve with crescent rolls and a side salad to complete the meal.

i add a dollop of sour cream on top of mine.
cause that's how i roll.

this is the perfect meal to make if you've been quilting ALL day.
trust me.

hope y'all enjoy.

xo, rachel

Pin It!

15 comments:

Molly Mandeville Fryer said...

Sounds like your recipe has a secret ingredient, Zesty Italian dressing! Sounds delicious. I will give it a try.

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh, thanks for posting Rachel -- that looks delicious!

Kritta22 said...

LOL I posted a food picture too! Great minds think alike!

"What's the restaurant policy on people eating the food of other's that they left behind?"

It's frowned upon.

"But it happens!" - Joey

Pheobe's birthday dinner

Pat said...

Looks yummy.....I often make lasagna roll-ups which are easy and actually better reheated the second day.

V and Co. said...

aha! i totally would except i need more fabric like i need a hole in my head...but if i were to barter...what you you want? :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Good lord that sounds so very low cal. lololol But it does sound good. I've never had sour cream on my lasagna but I just may now. Cause I'm rolling your way.

Amanda Jean said...

looks delicious! and i'm all about collecting recipes that work well after quilting ALL day. :0)

Candace said...

Oh, Yum, Rachel!!! That will be dinner tomorrow night!
Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Dear Author www.psiquilt.com !
Many thanks for an explanation, now I will know.

Anonymous said...

I want to quote your post in my blog. It can?
And you et an account on Twitter?

Jen said...

I just made this and OMG!!! YUMM-O!!

I will never make regular lasagna again! This was SO EASY and tasted so good!! I even went to the store and bought extra noodles so I always have the stuff on hand for an easy go-to meal when needed! FANTASTIC! Thanks Rachel!!

candace said...

I made this for my boyfriend tonight for dinner!!! Itsa new fav! Thanks for this awesome recipe!!!

@pril said...

Can I saw A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

@pril said...

Hey Rachel, I wanted to let you know that I shared this recipe on my blog. http://koolbeenz-blog.blogspot.com/2011/05/rachels-skillet-lasagna-by-ps-i-quilt.html

Mystica said...

Just saw this one. This is so easy. Think of all that layering and washing of so many bowls and dishes.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...