pinwheel o'strings.

27 August 2013

quiltmaker's block network. (pinwheel o'strings by rachel griffith)
so, about a million and a half years ago (more like 3 years ago) i designed a fun quilt block.
i had just discovered string piecing.
i decided to couple string piecing with my love for half square triangles and pinwheels.
boom. pinwheel o'strings was created.

the block was featured in volume 2 of quiltmaker's 100 blocks magazine.
read more about it HERE.

quiltmaker recently started releasing nifty videos featuring different quilt blocks.
they showcase blocks from the 100 blocks magazines and teach techniques, tips and designs ideas.
well, guess which block is featured in their newest video.
yep, my pinwheel o'strings.
and just like that, my quilt block is brought back to life.
thanks, quiltmaker.

if you’ve wondered about string piecing, watch this episode of quiltmaker’s block network.
i personally enjoy watching videos of people creating things.
i'm a visual learner.

also, check out the post over at the quilty pleasures blog today.
they're having a giveaway for a few different string piecing books.
direct link HERE.

have you ever tried string piecing?
if yes, do you enjoy it?
if no, after seeing the video, don't you want to try it? go on. you know you do. :)

xo, rachel

Pin It!

2 comments:

CathyK said...

Great video and fantastic block!! I have done a string block for a sampler I was making. I loved that technique!! I found it calming.

Teri said...

If I didn't have so many other projects in the hopper currently, I'd start this right now. What fun! P.S. I love following you Rachel!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...