entered.

06 August 2013

reverie.
have y'all heard of the ohio outdoor quilt festival?
basically, it's a quilt show held at an elk farm here in ohio.
they have hundreds of quilts hanging on the barns and on the fences.
it's one of my favorite ways to see quilts displayed.

i entered a few quilts into the show in 2009.
(click HERE to see my pics from the 2009 show.)
i actually won a gold medal that year for the jurist award.
and the medal still hangs in my quilty room.

i missed the 2010 show because i was SUPER pregnant with miss lindsey.
the 2011 show was cancelled due to a family sickness.
so, when i saw that the show was back on this year, i made plans to enter.

well, this past weekend, the fam & i took a drive out to bonnie brae farm.
i entered 16 quilts in the show.
i'm excited to see my quilts hanging on barns.
the hubby is excited to eat elk.
it's what i like to call a win/win scenario.

the ohio outdoor quilt festival is this coming saturday.
so, if you're in or around northern ohio, i highly suggest you check it out.
oh, and say hi. i'd love to meet you.
and if you're not, i'll take some pics for you. promise.

quilt pictured = reverie.
pattern will be available august 2013.

xo, rachel

Pin It!

21 comments:

Terry said...

Thanks for posting about this and reminding me about the show! I'll definitely be heading out there this Saturday! :0)

anyadahab said...

That is a beautiful quilt! I love the fabric combinations.

The domestic Groove said...

Where in Ohio?

Julia @ Blue-J Cottage said...

What a fun quilt show! I hope you enjoy yourselves :) I'm from Ohio as well... I moved to Chicago for my husbands job last year. I have a love/hate relationship with Chicago because my heart belongs in Ohio. We'll be back! So I'm enjoying the city life while we are here.

Do you go to the country living fair in Columbus?

Sarah Marie said...

Having a hexie obsession, I am in love with your quilt! Great job. Hope everything goes wonderfully for you at the quilt festival :)

Carly said...

A friend of mine from work just shared about this. It's pretty close by, so maybe I will take a trip down there after I get off work on Saturday! Love this pretty quilt!

Marjorie's Busy Corner said...

Beautiful quilt !!!!

~Kelie~ said...

I love that quilt! Your patterns are so amazing! Good luck in the quilt show, I'm sure you'll win it ALL!!!
:-)

tardis said...

I love the quilt, can wait to get the pattern. I will be looking for it Good Luck!Hope there is an awards in your future, as all your quilts are spectacular! Anne

Unknown said...

So pretty! All the best at the quilt show.

Carla said...

Fabulous hexagons! I love this!

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

That is so awesome! I just wish I lived closer! Good luck and take lots of pics.

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

~The Bargain Babe from *Zucchini Summer Blog* said...

That sounds like a lot of fun! Love the pic of the quilt you posted. Good luck and be sure to take lots of pics for those of us living vicariously through you. :)

Bolts and Bobbins said...

Sounds like a good show but I'm too far away. Your quilt is gorgeous!

Karen said...

Oh, I wish I'd known about this sooner so I could have asked to be scheduled off work on Saturday. I'm in Dayton, so it would be a great day trip! I'm already looking forward to next year.

My Recent Favorite Books said...

Sounds like a great show!
I wish I lived closer!! =)

Your quilt is so pretty!

Hilarie said...

I love your quilt! I just noticed this farm is 15 minutes from where I grew up. Must plan my next trip home around this show (and the county fair).

Qltr89 said...

I'm confident that you'll win again this year!!! What a beautiful quilt. I wish I were near the area to see all the quilts entered. Unfortunately, I live in the west coast. Thank you for sharing

Unknown said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Good luck!

Cheryl randleman said...

Rachel -- I look forward to seeing your quilts there -- I also submitted the the "smitten" quilt that I made from your pattern (with proper credit)
Good luck with your entries!!

graycefulily said...

I saw them all yesterday and voted for Reverie as my favorite. My girls did too. It was fun.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...