washi tape.

15 March 2013

washi tape.
i've admired washi tape from afar for quite some time.
for some unknown reason, i just never purchased any.
i would see peeps using washi tape and i'd love it, then go on about my business.

well, a couple of weeks ago, i decided to break down and join the world of washi tape users.
i bought one roll.
it was black with white polka dots.
predictable, i know.

i really liked it.
then the purchase above happened.
and, well, let's just say that i might have pushed some more buttons the other day.

my current favorite uses for washi tape include, but are not limited to ...
hanging quilt blocks up on the wall
making plain envelopes look spiffy
accenting doodling in my sketchbook
and auditioning paint samples in my kitchen

so, what about y'all?
are you on the washi tape bandwagon?
if so, tell us what you use washi tape for.
if not, give it a try.

for those inquiring minds:
washi tape = mixed assortment (purchased from pick your plum)
fabric = pearl bracelet (in hiho silver) by lizzy house for andover fabrics (purchased from pink castle fabrics)

xo, rachel

Pin It!

13 comments:

Julierose said...

I use washi tape in scrapbooking and making my journal pages...it is the neatest stuff! julierose

Barbara said...

I had never bought washi tape before, but made the plunge and bought from Pick Your Plum. I love that online shop. It is so much fun to see what the "plum" will be that day. Now to figure out what to make with the tape.

Addie said...

I have also admired from afar for quite awhile! I just got my first order in yesterday and will be using it in my scrapbooking layouts! Love to hear other uses for it! And I love your washi tape!

Alisa said...

I love my washi tape too, but every time I tape something to my sewing room wall it falls off a few days later. Maybe the paint and the washi don't get along. Love yours!

Belle and Buttercup said...

Oh wow! I have some serious Washi Tape envy going on right now. I haven't joined the Washi tape craze yet but it looks so fun. It's too bad you couldn't weave it like one of those preppy woven ribbon pillows and then put it in a frame. It would all stick together before you could weave it, wouldn't it?

Susan said...

I've never used it, but it sure is cute! Just never have figured out exactly what to do with it.

Susan said...

I follow a pinterest board which posts some great ideas on how to use the tape!

Tammy said...

Never tried it. But looks very pretty.

Micha said...

I've been using washi tape to tape birthday gifts along with jewelry orders. I also use it as tape to tape up my scripture prints on the inside of my cabinets.

Melanie said...

I recently crossed that washi tape threshold too and I just love them! There is so much variety and they are ever so cute! =)

Ergo - Blog

Julia @ Blue-J Cottage said...

I <3 pick your plum :) I haven't gotten into washi tape just yet, but it is inevitable!

Amy DeCesare said...

I have just a few rolls of washi tape - like you, I'm interested in finding out some good ways to use it. Love that sketchbook accent idea! A friend made a fantastic card, using washi tape. Here's the link on her Flickr page: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8387863@N02/6949481149/ I loved it so much that she sent it to me!

Michelle said...

I have a couple of rolls, but I can't get past the feeling it's too pretty to use. :-)

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...