rainy day s'mores.

25 October 2010

rainy day s'mores.

let me set the mood:
it’s raining.
your kids are climbing the curtains to entertain themselves.
you’re pretty much bald at this point.
your last nerve says to bribe those monkeys kiddos with chocolate.
enter my rainy day s’mores.

what y'all will need:
½ cup sugar
½ cup butter, softened
1 large egg
1 tea vanilla extract
¾ cup crushed graham crackers
¾ cup all purpose flour
¼ tea salt
1 tea baking powder
3 hershey’s chocolate bars
1 jar marshmallow crème

the making part:
cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
beat in egg and vanilla extract.
add crushed graham crackers, flour, salt & baking powder.
beat until well mixed.

spoon ½ the dough into 8” greased baking dish.
break chocolate into pieces and arrange them over the dough.
spread a layer of marshmallow crème over the chocolate.
add the remaining dough over the marshmallow crème.
{it’s a little tricky & sticky, but oh so worth it. promise.}

bake at 350' for 30 minutes.
cool completely.
cut into bars.
feed your monkeys kiddos.

hope y'all enjoy.

xo, rachel

Pin It!

24 comments:

Bry said...

Oh I am so making these this weekend! Looks super yummy!

Kathy said...

Bake at 350 degrees?

Mary Grace McNamara said...

YUM! Just the thing to eat in front of the fire on a cold rainy day! Thank Rachel!

How's the baby?

MGM

Sandy said...

Ohhh, that sounds yummy...have to try that on the grands one of these days!

eileensideways said...

they are in the oven now. i am baking at 350 degrees.

Elizabeth Dackson said...

Awesome idea! I too feel the need to bribe my child with chocolate today, time to check the pantry! :)

Thimbleanna said...

It sounds heavenly! If only we could have some rain. Those bars look perfect -- thanks for sharing your recipe!

Sew Many Mamas said...

Yumm! I'm hungry now!

Sara said...

oooh what a great way to make smores, with Marshmallow Creme!!!! I HAVE to try this soon!

Wendy said...

Sounds delicious...although, there's no little monkey's climbing my curtains these days. Just means I can enjoy more of the tasty treats myself, I guess. Thanks!!

Down to Sew said...

My MIL makes these quite a bit. They are one of my all-time faves!!

Jennifer Blosser said...

Ummm ... YUM! I want some!

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. That looks tasty! I will need to make this recipe soon. My child won't eat it, but I definitely will. Thanks bunches!

Lei

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Those look quite yummy!

I’d love to have you link-up at my place on November 5th and 6th for a party I’ve called, The Airing of the Quilts. There’s a party button on my sidebar, if you’d like to help me spread the word. Hope to see you there.

Anonymous said...

Perfect for a rainy day when monk...er..kiddos can't go out to play. Good mommy know just what to do--you go, girl.

ellen

Herding Grasshoppers said...

Oh... THANK YOU!!!

Nancy said...

Oh my gosh! These look so good!

Dianne said...

Oh wow. Now these look insanely good!

Cindy @ Creating at Home said...

Oh Yum! My kids would love these.

Just wanted to let you know, I added your button to my blog! I love your patterns and all the ideas you share. Your blog is a real inspiration.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Oh my! I made these this morning and served them for dessert. Big hit! Thank you so much - this is a keeper! I'll be making this for the family who works for us here on the ranch - they have 3 little monkeys, as well as for Cowboy Church. And just so you know - this is a big hit with all monkeys - large and small! I'm thinking this will be my bribe dessert - If I make this for my family, they'll be happy and let me quilt!

Orjana said...

You can BUY marshmallow creme??? Why did I not know about this? OMG! I think I would just buy that, and then maybe a spoon, job done!

RÄVENoRÄKAN said...

Wow! If not the kids are climbing the curtains before they probably will after that snack :-D I love to try it.

corners of my life said...

What a fun recipe for such a delicious campfire treat.

Jacqueline said...

http://jmsolgat.blogspot.com/2010/12/rainy-day-tasteyness.html

Thanks for sharin, shugar! xoxo

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...