brushfire quilt project.

17 February 2009

remember how i told yall i wanted to help out australia???
well today i did it!!!
i made a brushfire quilt block.

this was my 1st experience with the maverick stars block.
{as yall can probably tell.}
but my heart was in the right place.
promise.
:D

this was made with pat sloan's nikki fabric.
{with the exception of the blue fabrics, those are from my stash.}

overall i'm pleased with the outcome.
this will be in the mail to tia by the weekend.

to learn more about the brishfire quilt project click here.
{or the button on my sidebar.}

p.s. bee inspired group members will be revealed tomorrow!!!
yayyy!!!

Pin It!

8 comments:

a good yarn said...

That's such a lovely block!

Happy Stitching...Ann :)

Red Geranium Cottage said...

Nice job on that block. Very nice of you to do.

Kritta22 said...

Oh how come you didn't remind me!?? I totally forgot about these! I guess I'll get the address and send them myself. Bummer dude!

I'm sooooo excited for the big reveal!

Regi said...

I love your star, the fabrics are gorgeous!

I have my fabrics all cut out and will be putting them together today.

John said...

I finished my Bushfire stars last night, too! It's pouring rain here in NC, so not sure when I'll get pictures. Also, with any luck, your FQ's will be on their way later today!

Jenny and the Princess Peonies said...

So cute! I am loving the quilt on your 200th post!!

Shelly said...

I wish I could say that I've finished my blocks for the brushfire quilt project. I think yours turned out beautifully (as usual--your stuff is always beautiful!)
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Really pretty Rachel! Nobody can tell this was your first attempt... they are lovely :o) and I have some of this fabric too... it looks great in the stars!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...