bee inspired.

15 February 2009


okay yall.
it’s officially official.

yall are looking at the proud creator of bee inspired.
{that virtual quilting bee i was talking about.}

this post will be an outline and contain my hopes and requirements for bee inspired.

bee inspired will consist of 15-18 quilters.
i realize that way more than 18 people were interested, but 18 is my limit.
anyone not included in this round of bee inspired will go onto a waiting list.
{or i can direct yall to sarah who is starting the same kind of bee.}

everyone in the swap will be assigned a month.
when it's your month, you will send out a packet of fabrics to each of the other quilters.
enough to make one 12.5 x 12.5 block.
these packets should be from a set of fabrics that you want a quilt made out of.
you can state any preferences {likes/dislikes} that you want for your block.
i will clarify that we are not all quilting geniuses.
so please don’t expect super intricate designs.
but i also want to clarify that experience is required.

during your month, everyone else will make you a block and send it back to you.
then you will have enough blocks to make a quilt.

for all other months of the swap:
you will receive one person's fabric and make a single block.
then you will send it back to that person.
one block per month is a pretty small time commitment.
{we will be making 2 blocks a month for some months.}
i will be alternating this so that you are only making 3 blocks in a 2 month period.

monthly deadline:
during your month, fabrics should be mailed out by the 5th of the month.
all other quilters will have until the 5th of the following month to mail back the block.

we will be using flickr as our means of communication.
to show pictures of fabrics.
to say ‘hey i got my fabric’
or ‘hey i’m done with your block, it’s in the mail.’
once the roster is decided, i’ll send you a link to our page so we can get this party started.
{if you don't have a flickr account, it's free and easy.}

this is VERY important:
everyone is responsible for their own postage!!!
so without confusion i’ll say this…
YOU are responsible for mailing out YOUR fabric on YOUR month.
those other 14-17 people will pay to mail your block back to you.
it’s a small price to pay to have your quilt top made for you.

this is a year long quilting bee.
please keep that in mind as you make the commitment.
{yall should know now that december will be an ‘off’ month due to christmas.}
and i am allowing international quilters.

so with that being said…let the sign ups begin!!!
know that just because you say ‘hey i wanna join’ that doesn’t mean you are in.
and because i believe in fairness, this is not a ‘first come first served’ sign up.
this will be more like a lottery.
{with the exception of john. he's already in for helping me do this!!!}
all the other quilters will be picked from the comments on this sign up post.
{even if you left a comment on previous post, you'll need to leave it on this one.}

to sign up:
leave your comment on this post saying you are ready to commit.
{and i MUST have a way to get a hold of you if you are picked.}
i’ll leave it open for a few days.

Pin It!

33 comments:

nettie said...

count me in, thanks for hosting rachel...my fingers are crossed! :)

nettiepete at gmail dot com

Purple and Paisley said...

please include me in your lottery...i understand i may not be picked...if not? i'll enjoy watching the fun from the sidelines! ☺

Kat said...

I'm in as well. I'm very excited and I hope I get picked!!

Question though...is there a particular reason to use flicker over creating a blog as some of the other bees did? Just wondering...

queenkat21@hotmail.com

Deanna said...

would love to take part in the quilting bee. please include me in the lottery!

gigglegear at msn dot come

Lisa said...

I'd like to be in! I've never done a bee before and I think it'll be fun!

Kritta22 said...

I wanna play!!! kritta22 at hotmail.com

Vanessa said...

I would love to join!

Deb Robertson Writes said...

Please please include me! I'd love to be part of a group like this.

Donna said...

Rachel, you know I'd love to be a part of your bee. My email address is: n0ahnut@yahoo.com. *The second digit is a zero, not the letter "O". I hope to hear from you soon!

Stacey said...

this sounds like fun, count me in. i understand about the lottery, i will cross my fingers and toes, hehe. luv2knit@roadrunner.com

Natalie said...

I would love to join. Please let me know if I make the lottery. My email, ncanadas@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

I'm in, if I'm picked. Thanks

Sara said...

Count me in...I would love to do this and am committed! thanks for hosting this!
rstjm4@yahoo.com

sewtakeahike said...

how fun Rachel! How sweet of you to organize this!

Dianah said...

I would like in Please! This sounds like so much fun. I missed out on the other one you are in.

Dy

Amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amanda said...

Oh, this is exciting! Count me in. *crossing fingers*

ahohnstreiter (at) gmail (dot) com

The Rausch's said...

I'd love to join!! Put me in the lottery!!

karlajorausch at yahoo dot com

Adele said...

pick me pick me! I would love to join in. Thanks.

Barb said...

Hello Rachel! I am very interested/excited about your quilting bee! But I live in Canada - is it open to those of us out of the US? If so, please include me in your lotto!

I am also pretty nervous about this too, I've never done a quilting bee before....

Mushyhed said...

Hey Rachel!

I'm still in if I'm picked. Thanks for hosting and I hope I'm one of the chosen ones:)

~Chen cwu3 (at) cox (dot) net

Tacha said...

I would love to be in! I am keeping my fingers crossed and toes!

Arnden said...

Sounds great to me. I would like to be included in your lottery.

arnden at yahoo

Unknown said...

I'm ready to commit! Please include me in your lottery too!

Thanks!

lynn.chouw at gmail dot com

Meredith said...

Hello, I'd love to be included as well! meredithmcdaris at gmail dot com

Sara said...

Yes, please! I'd like to be considered!
Thanks.

Anna Willett said...

i would love to be involved!! pick me! :0)

Anonymous said...

Please count me in.
Jeri
jdkaustin@aol.com

bettyninja said...

Looks like you already have enough people- count me in if you can!! Thanks email is betty (underscore _ ) whoosh (at) yahoo .com

Ginny said...

I'm having my children cross their fingers AND toes in hopes it will help me in the lottery :)! My email address is donminic22(at)hotmail(dot)com

Ann said...

Oh Rachel, I would so love to participate too..

It would be my first bee, and being the happy amateur I am, I like your words about not too hard blocks!

I hope the bee goes international, as I am in Denmark

You can contact me via my email at my blog :)

Lauren The Artist said...

Oooh- this sounds fun. I did find out about it way to late. I'll have to follow along, though.

Anonymous said...

Hi - I'm interested - this sounds like fun! Good luck to everyone. Thanks - Sarah

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...