girls gone wild. {2nd post for today.}

26 January 2009

warning: this post might require you to grab a snack.
yeah it's THAT long.

so there we were...on the phone...cause that's how we roll.
we decided that THIS weekend we were going to go out.

we NEEDED a trip to the fabric store in the worst way.
mandie needed a supply list {a mile long} for her beginners class.
i needed orange fabrics for pat sloan's new orange challenge.
plus we all NEED to go to the fabric store at ALL times...right???

so we shined our shoes...put on a little too much rouge...and grabbed our hubby's money.
{rouge...really??? not so much. no shinning of shoes either.}

but there was a hitch in our giddy up.
we got SUPER sidetracked that we HAD to "all of the sudden" buy picture frames!!!
not just any frames...cooler than cool frames.
on top of making copies of the world's coolest pictures.

so here we were thinking that we should just go ahead and go to walmart first.
{get the pics & frames taken care of THEN spend forever in the fabric store.}

wrong-o!!!
FOUR HOURS later we walk out of walmart with 10,000 calories of junk food.
our cooler than cool frames...and $70 missing from each of our hubby's.
ooops.

did i fail to mention that for some reason i was leaving our pics all over the frame aisle???
i would prop the picture up to see how it would look in the frame, then leave it there.
easily sidetracked i am!!!
then mandie would find another one.
so our on-going joke for the night was what if we left them there???
what would the other shoppers think???
so our tag line for the night was...
"who are these people???"
{this is what we thought the other people might think.}

oh and i seriously did this in target too!!!
we had to go to walmart because our target didn't do one hour photo.
we learned this AFTER looking at frames.
we left the frames there.
whatever target. you're on my list now.

so we finally made it to the fabric store.
we had an hour and a half before they would kick us out.
yayyy!!!

we start with mandie's list.
it took us about half an hour to get the fabrics put together for picture #2.
this is for her beginners class.
pretty fabbies huh???

well while mandie was playing in fat quarters i looked for my oranges.
i immediately fell head over heals in love the orange polka dots!!!
i mean seriously...don't the orange & teal fabrics make you happy???
they make me happy...like hi-5 happy.

so as i'm drooling over my fabric, mandie falls in love with her kitty fabrics.
i mean they are seriously cuter than cute.
and i love the green, teal & brown color scheme.
she picked alot of it out all by herself.
did a great job didn't she???
{i'm talking about pic #3 by the way.}

the store closed late because of us.
not because we were disgruntle or anything.
we were spending mad cash so they didn't seem to mind.
hahahaha.

we both left the fabric store about $70 lighter...
i mean our husbands were $70 lighter.
then it hit us:
oh crap our husbands are gonna kills us!!!
we might have to go home nude just to not make headlines in the paper.

but seriously we got away with murder though.
we both spent about $150 and we're still alive to tell the story.

oh and did yall know that not ALL footlongs at subway are $5!!!
the madness and the nerve of subway.
they write that catchy jingle of a song...
i go to get my $5 footlong and she tell's me it's $6.47
are you freaking kidding me???
i was ready to take people out.
i think i'll write jared a letter...
and tell him i'm gonna gain 70 pounds all because mcdonalds is cheaper!!!
so jared...stick that in your juice box and suck it!!!
add subway to my list too!!!

well that's our saturday night.
and my wording prolly doesn't do us any justice.
i know that i laughed SO hard my abs hurt.
who needs a gym???
get a rachel & mandie.

and she came over yesterday.
more laughing madness.
we put those amazing picture frames together.
and took pics of our fabrics.
how are yall liking those pics by the way???

p.s. when we were at walmart i put a HUGE pack of oatmeal cream pies back on the shelf.
i was convinced that i didn't need to spend $3 on more junk food.
and ever since midnight that night i've been craving them.
i know, i know let it go...but they are calling me...still!!!

Pin It!

16 comments:

Sara said...

I love love love all the fabrics! ALL of them! They all look great and make me want to go buy more fabrics! And I so wish we lived near each other because everything you said is SO me!! Drives DH nutty! LOL!

Kritta22 said...

Oh come you didn't take pictures in WalMart or Target?? What's wrong with you!??

You are doing ANOTHER challenge! Do you stuff your kids in the closet?

I'm going crazy over all the giveaway and PIF and my own quilts, to even think about another.

I really like the kitty fabrics. I was hestitate when you mentioned them before but seeing them is really, really great! I love them. And owe the star burst light blue one! Nice work Monica Bang!

Kritta22 said...

PS my quilt is finally up on my blog.

Shelly said...

Love Love Love the fabrics, even most of the orange. I could do without the orange plaid, but the rest, well yeah! I love her kitty fabric. I agree with Sara, you need to live closer--we would have an all time blast together--2 Rachels (shhhhhh no one knows that was my REAL name) in one store together? They might never get us out--without security! And Kritta's right---NO pics of the two of you in Wally world or Target? You really need to go get the security tapes for us. Besides, that's half the fun of trips like that--taking pictures of each other being silly! Come on down, my bff (or two) and I will show you how to really have fun in stores like that!
~Shelly~

Anonymous said...

Did you have too much coffee before writing that post? :-)

I love the orange and teal, and polka dots, and the brown and teal too. Yum.

a good yarn said...

Mmmmm...shopping trip....mmmmm...
fabric....mmmm...snacks....mmmm...

Unknown said...

Love the story! Love the fabrics! Would love to see the frames, maybe the food. Sounds like a great fun day!

Stacey said...

awesome pics, love the fabrics!! Wish I had a best friend to do that with, or someone near with similar interests, you girls sound crazy!!

Nancy said...

Mandie, you did a great first time fabric fabric pick....Can't wait to see a finished project.
Rach-I love those oranges. Are they from a certain line?
I NEED a trip to the fabric store. We are snowed in though so it won't be today....

Darci said...

The orange is fantastic, I loved working with orange it makes you happy! What are you going to make with it???

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Love both of your fabrics! Great selection of orange, makes me want to go buy something orange. Lol* Mandie did a great job too - love those kitty fabrics, I've almost bought them myself but don't know what to put them in. Lol* Can't wait to see what you both make.

Thimbleanna said...

Holy Cow Woman, you are having WAY too much fun over here! You two sound like a hoot together. I love LOVE all the fun fabrics you girls purchased!

Lisa said...

i love your orange fabric! It is adorable! I have absolutely nothing that would go with orange, but i definitely think i need to stock up on some and do a throw some day! thanks for the great blog!

Dionne said...

I SO love all your fabrics! I am really jealous that I won't get to participate in Pat's OP Challenge!
Cheers,
Dionne

Nanette Merrill said...

What a fun shopping trip. I know you had a good time. The fabric is lovely. I LOVE the orange. It is my "new red". Good for you!

Anonymous said...

hey, ya'll!

that is the rachel in me! thanks for all the well wishers and kind encouragments. i am not "allowed" to have my own blog (it's not good for my OCD), so i'll just keep posting on here via rach. isn't she the greatest? i love her so much, too, and thanks again for all the support)!

love, manders
(monica bang~!)

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...