please pray.

16 December 2008

i got a heartbreaking phone call today.


to make a long story short:
my great grandmother fell and broke her hip.
we call her mal.
{pronounced 'mawl' for all yall northerners.}


it just breaks my heart to think about it.


i believe that prayer is powerful!!!
our god is an awesome god.
he's blessed her SO much!!!
she has many children.
TONS of us grandchildren.
{grands, great grands, great great grands. and even great great great grands.}
and god cured her breast cancer without ANY treatments.
that's just to name a few of her blessings.


she honestly is the sweetest woman i've EVER known.
she's my hero, my idol.
she always has been...and always will be.


she has seen and gone through things that i can't fathom.
losing her parents. losing her husband{s}. losing her kids. losing her grandkids.


i can't imagine a world without her.


please pray for my mal ethel.
she really is the backbone of my daddy's side of the family.

Pin It!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear that Mal got hurt. When we love someone so much it is a helpless feeling to not be able to make them well. What a wonderful woman she must be to inspire so much love from her family. You are very fortunate to have a woman in your life that has been such a strong positive influence on you. A woman of strength and character and a shining example for her children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. It is a wonderful gift to love someone so much and to be loved by them in return. I will pray for her tonight and for you and your family.

Sherri said...

I will also pray for your great-grandmother and your family!

Pat said...

I just said a prayer now for your Mal. Please update us as to how she is doing when you get further information, okay?

Anonymous said...

My prayers were just said for Mal...hugs to you, Rachel.

Busy Little Quilter said...

Bless your heart. {{big hug}}

I think Ruth said it all. I, too, will keep your Mal, you, and your family in my prayers. Please let us know how she's doing.

jenifer said...

Sorry to hear about your Mal. Our Chistmas wishes will be with her for a speedy recovery. Your blog is cute- I just wandered over from the b&w challenge...
have a great holiday!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...