me & pat sloan...in nashville!!!

26 August 2008


hahaha.
is this not a riot!!!

i'm sure yall wanna know the story behind this picture.
i mean who wouldn't???
:D

amanda...who we are now referring to as 'my new best friend'...pulled the whole thing off.
we were emailing back & forth talking 'quilty' things,
and we started talking about pat sloan.
well i told her that i LOVED pat.
and she said she was going to be meeting her in nashville.
{{{LUCKY!!!}}}
so i just joked that she should take a pic with pat holding a piece of paper that said:
'this is for rachel'
well after that sentence, history just wrote itself.
and we just got sillier about the whole idea.
:D

so here i am with pat sloan.
she's my quilting idol!!!
not the best 'rachel' picture...but isn't pat beautiful???
i heart you pat!!!
{and thanks for being such a good sport!!!}

and sweet amanda.
she did one hour photo, made a 'rachel' sign and even made me a sloanie tag.
{with a shamrock!!!}
how sweet is she???
amanda you are the best!!!
{thanks SO much.}
i heart you too!!!

so there you have it.
me & pat sloan...in nashville.

Pin It!

10 comments:

Melanie said...

Too funny--- everybody has a hero....and a good friend. Great memory.

Carrie P. said...

Pat Sloan is a good sport. That is pretty cool.

Kristie said...

Oh Wow!!! That is just too funny!
Kristie

quilterpolly said...

aren't friends wonderful...That is so cool:)

Mary Anne Drury said...

That's hysterical!!! You guys are too funny! You'll have to meet Pat "live and in person" sometime ... I met her a couple of years ago and she is just the nicest and funniest gal around!

sewtakeahike said...

too cute Rachel!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh how funny! And how special!

Anonymous said...

Doesn't surprise me that Pat would go along with this and laugh the loudest of anyone when asked to do it. She is just that kind of super-nice person. Thanks for posting this....it was really cute to see it.

Pat in DE (darned blogger keeps NOT recognizing my google account and calling me Anonymous!)

Quilter Going Bananas said...

I had hysterics when I read this on Pat Sloan's yahoo group mail. You're so lucky to have a picture of you with Pat :^)

Karen said...

Love it!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...