impromptu along.

24 May 2013

impromptu.
if y'all are looking for a fun summer quilt along, my friend, katy is hosting one using my impromptu pattern!!!
(click HERE to see the announcement post.)

impromptu.
impromptu is a pretty simple quilt to piece, but it's big.
like 90 1/2" x 90 1/2" big.
and sometimes when you're piecing a quilt that big, you need some extra motivation.
insert the impromptu along.

so, if you already have your impromptu pattern and fabrics, yayyy.
if not, there's still plenty of time.
we start on june 1st.

the impromptu pattern can be purchased HERE. (both paper & pdf versions are available.)
and the fat quarter shop has a great selection of layer cakes to choose from.
note: you can use your stash if you want, just make sure you are starting with 10" squares.

impromptu.
if you're joining us, show off your fabric choice and quilts via #impromptualong hashtag on instagram &/or the impromptu quilt along flickr group.

i can't wait to see y'all make your own impromptu quilts.
to this day, it's still one of my favorite quilts.

so, are you joining us?!?!
say yes.
;)

xo, rachel

Pin It!

16 comments:

Shawn said...

I've been thinking about making this quilt for a while, perfect motivation!!!! Love this pattern Rachel.

Deb C. said...

Love It!!!! YES. I have plenty of fabric in my stash that would be perfect for this.

Lexilooo said...

I want to do this, but I am so bad at keeping up with quiltalongs!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Oh so tempting! I've loved this pattern ever since you first showed it, so I just might have to add it to my list of summer projects!

MGM

Alice in WV said...

Oh, I would, but.... I already made one!

Sarah @ sarahquilts.com said...

I wish I had time! It's a really lovely quilt. As soon as I finish a couple of big gift quilts for family members I am going to finally indulge in a quilt along.

Ingrid Remkus said...

I'm SO in! Mine will be done using hometown by Sweetwater, and I own it, yay! 😁

Ashley said...

So fun! Maybe I'll join in late. My baby girl is due May 28!

Lynn said...

Sounds like fun! I just bought a copy of the pattern from you. I already have a layer cake for which I have no other plan.

mascanlon said...

Totally grumbling...I bought this pattern the day I saw the sample in FMF at Sewing Party. Can I find it? Of course not...well I still have a week or so, I have the background on the way and I can always go for the download in real time! Anyhow, I am so in Miss Rachel!

Rori said...

I just purchased the pattern and I'm in!!!! I have an Oh Deer layer cake I have been wanting to use in a quilt for my king size bed. What fun...now to purchase the solid fabric.

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh what a fun summer project! Off to get the pattern!

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

I haven't joined up yet, but I have an impromptu quilt in progress.. I love the pattern, too! I should join and get motivated to finish it! :) xo

Unknown said...

Grumble, mumble ... I tried to pay with my debit card and it reported an error and said the site was down!

Count me in, I will figure out a way to get the pattern!

I have never done a quilt along.

CJ said...

not finding anything on Instagram.

Jenny Watson Blogs said...

Indeed! These are looking fantastic thank you very much for the sharing and just keep up the good work.

Italian Vacation Rentals

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...