valentine-y.

31 January 2013

valentine-y.
miss melanie (our 7 year old) had recently been asking me if we could make something together.
i was excited, but i didn't want to start with something big, just in case she lost insterest.
so, we decided to make new pillow covers.
girly, valentine-y pillow covers.

we had fun picking out yummy reds, pinks & aquas.
we even threw in some grey and cream for good measure.
oh, and no valentine's project would be complete without hearts, right?

we used my scruffily pillow cover tutorial.
and the fabrics are all from my stash.
for those interested, there's: marmalade, spot on, luxe in bloom, olive the ostrich, hunky dory & pedal pusher.

i have to say, i honestly love these.
i kind of wish we would have made them earlier in the month though.
note to self: maybe the girls should have more girly pillows on their beds.

do y'all decorate for valentine's?

xo, rachel

Pin It!

10 comments:

suemac said...

So cute and girly.

Donna@AllthingsMing said...

Yup!! I am trying to come up with some decorations for my youngest sons room , he's 5 :-)

Mira Collins said...

I am making a Valentine postage stamp quilt and matching pillows if I have enough pieces left over.

Carolyn said...

I love to decorate for Valentines. I have a pillow and table runner and hope to make a quilt this year.

Annie said...

This pillows you made together are so so adorable! The sewing time together...priceless!

Kristy fordhook1 said...

It's the only holiday I don't decorate, I guess I should start.

Anonymous said...

That looks like major fun. I definitely need to make some Valentine pillows!!

Katie (The Literary Files) said...

How adorable!! I love the fabrics an pattern you used!
We do decorate for Valentine's Day! Just some heart garland and some random hearts around the house :)

Sandra said...

unless you call a pink cake or cupcakes with "heart sprinkles" decorations, no we don't decorate! I really should make a table runner for valentines "week"! Right now there's a burgundy and silver paisley runner (close, but not close enough!!) on my table!

Mandy said...

I don't decorate for Valentines day, but this is enough to make me want to! :)

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...