it's a shore thing.

26 June 2012

it's a shore thing - header

it's a shore thing is a SUPER cute line by jack and lulu for dear stella fabrics.
it's SO cute that you really don't want to cut it.
y'all know those fabrics that you just want to keep in big chunks and stare at.
*sigh*

i first noticed dear stella fabrics at quilt market this past fall.
i had to admire them from afar because their booth was always SUPER busy.
and if i'm being honest, i was kinda bummed that i didn't get a chance to meet with them.
but then, after market, they contacted me.
and that made my day.

so after some emails, i knew that something rachel griffith was going to be in their spring booth.

impromptu - it's a shore thing

that something ended up being an impromptu quilt made with it's a shore thing fabrics.
note: the pattern is for a 90 1/2" x 90 1/2" quilt, but we went with a lap size for the booth.

my good friend marci made the sample and did the amazing wavey quilting.
{hi marci. xoxo.}

even though y'all know i'm not a summer girl, this fabric embraces what i actually DO like about summer . . . the beach. and flip flops.
oh how i love them both. so very much.

what do you like about summer?!?!

and for the record, i foresee myself using more dear stella fabrics in my future.
just sayin'.
:)

rachel

Pin It!

22 comments:

L said...

Those fussy cut umbrellas are so cute!

paige13d said...

have to agree with the fussy cut umbrellas. such a fun quilt!

Carrie P. said...

beautiful quilt. what I like about summer is all the fresh veggies at the farmers markets.

Unknown said...

Beautiful quilt! How exciting I bet that is to see your pattern in their booth in quilt form! YAY!

- Katie Fleming
Kate Michelle Designs

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!
GOTTA GET ME SOME TOO!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING!

msstitcher1214@yahoo.com

eileensideways said...

cute pattern, cute fabric. i love summer.

CarolT said...

I love Dear Stella fabrics. I want to make your quilt with one of their lines. I like the lack of snow and more daylight when summer is here.

IHeartQuilting said...

Your Impromptu pattern is one of my favorites, and to combine that with summery-themed fabric - I love it. I need to make one!

Janet said...

So beautiful!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Summer is THE BEST! I like - looking at, swimming in, sitting in, pontooning on, fishing in, watching skiing on, dunking in, jumping in, listening to loons on - my lake!

mascanlon said...

I am just so loving that pattern Rachel....gotta run over to the store!

philippa said...

I love this!!! I have just bought the impromptu pattern and I can't wait to start =)

Thimbleanna said...

Super Cute Rachel! Dear Stella has some really fun fabrics.

There's not much I like about summer -- too darn hot and dry! (Ok, well, maybe ice cream, but that's it!) (No wait. The 4th of July. Now, really. THAT is IT LOL!)

Amy said...

Love your pattern! I like that I don't have to wear three layers of clothes in the summer!

Sinta Renee said...

I grew up at the beach... and I would have loved to have had a beach blanket like this one! (I love your Noodlehead summer bag too)!!!

Kristi said...

When I saw that fabric I thought it would look nice with you Impromptu pattern! As I scrolled down there it was. Love it

Wendy said...

Oh your quilt is beautiful! It goes with the fabrics perfectly

terrieannie said...

Awesomely cute!

debbymom said...

I love your pattern more and more each time in see it in another colorway. Love how clean it always looks!

Karrie said...

I just got this post in my inbox, and had to tell you how beautiful that quilt is!! I love the waves. You and Marci did an awesome job ;)

Jessica White said...

Love this quilt!

The Henry Family said...

Love the quilt, love the fabric, LOVE the quilting! Great job Marcia! Wonderful, clean pattern Rachel!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...