rachel's beef stew & rice.

20 April 2012

beef stew & rice.

beef stew & rice is my all time favorite meal.
i don't know what it is about it, but it's my ultimate comfort food.
{oh and even if you think i'm gross for admitting this, i really love dinty moore beef stew.}

if you loved my beef tips & noodles recipe, chances are you'll love this one.
it's very similar.

here's what y'all will need:
1 1/2 - 2 lbs frozen beef stew meat
1 big can {26oz} cream of chicken soup
1 envelope lipton soup mix <--i use beefy onion OR savory herb with garlic
1 cup water
1 can sliced carrots, drained
1 can new potatoes, drained & diced
cooked white rice

the making part:
mix cream of chicken soup, lipton soup mix & water in bowl.
place frozen beef stew meat in crockpot.
pour soup mixture over meat.
cook in crockpot on low for 6 hours.

add in carrots & potatoes.
stir once and leave it alone or the carrots will break apart.
cook on low for another 30 minutes.

serve over cooked white rice.

hork it down.

like i said, this is my comfort meal.
me loves it. so very much.
try it. you'll like it. promise.

hope y'all enjoy.

xo, rachel

Pin It!

5 comments:

Cascade Quilts said...

I do something VERY similar to this, only with a whole roast in the oven. :)

Mary Grace McNamara said...

"Hork" ? This is why I love reading your blog Rachel! I always learn something new and interesting!

The recipe sounds yummy! My husband loves Dinty Moore too!

MGM

Lynn said...

Sounds delicious! My family loves your beef tips with noodles recipe so I will definitely give this one a try.

Danny Heyen said...

:( I can't pin your recipe?? Sadness.

I am going to try to remember this one is here. it sounds super tasty!

Susan said...

Yummy recipe! Have you ever used fresh carrots and potatoes in this recipe?

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...