the one with the remix.

03 February 2012

the one with the remix.

let me set the scene . . .
it's morning. it's just me, miss lindsey & my spitfire 5 year old, andrew.
{friday is his day off from preschool.}

well i, all of the sudden, had a hankering for some homemade biscuits.
yall know the ones i'm talking about, right?!?!
great, big ol' mouth watering cathead biscuits like mawmaw used to make.
fresh from the oven. slathered in butter & honey.
biscuits so dang good you wanna slap your momma right in the mouth.
soo wee.

yep, i needed me some biscuits.
i was in luck because i had myself a handy dandy helper.
and that's a good thing, cause we made a big ol' mess.
naturally, while our biscuits were baking, we started cleaning up our mess.

so there we are, running a sink full of soapy water, and andrew breaks out in song.
now i knew i had heard the melody, but it took me a minute to place it.
yall know how little kids sing - kinda off beat and somewhat sporadic.
well once i figured it out, i started cracking up and knew i had to tell yall.

without further ado . . . andrew's remix:
just clean it.
clean it.
no one likes dirty dishes.
dip them in water, put them inside.
it doesn't matter what food you like.
just clean it, clean it, clean it.

i, rachel, am one proud momma.
the boy can help make homemade biscuits, clean up his mess AND be happy enough to sing about it.

♥ rachel

Pin It!

24 comments:

ryan said...

Love it, but where is the recipe?

Kimberly said...

That is AWESOME!

Unknown said...

I think we are going to start singing Just Clean It in our home, too. I bet your biscuits are better than mine. Mine are always flat.

Hands Sew Full said...

Oooh, they look so good! But I agree.... I don't see this recipe in your side bar! Is it a family secret, or can you share? Love the happy cleaning song too by the way!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Sounds like a perfect start to your day! Biscuits and entertainment! How blessed you are!

MGM

Sandra said...

o.k.....we're all asking....please post the recipe. I was already to start singing and baking....!!!

Josie McRazie said...

Kids just crack me up!! way to cute!

Kelly O. said...

hilarious!

Unknown said...

Love that boy...knows how to make us all smile!

Nanna said...

What an adorable story.....mmm biscuits and catheads besides...haven't heard that expression since my Daddy died. Thanks for making me smile!

Linda said...

Cute story and you have my mouth watering for biscuits!

Marisa said...

I love it! What a great attitude! Maybe I should start making biscuits in the morning.

Kat said...

did he make up the words too?!? that is awesome. sounds like he's sweetie- which is probably good if he's a spitfire, too. :)
and like many other commenters said- I want biscuits now!! hahaha

true2beeme said...

Very cute...but I am now wanting me some biscuits and there is no recipe!!!

Sundays Child said...

I am in agreement with the others, where is the recipe? Pleeeeeease?? I would like a good recipe that is fool-proof, instead of using Bisquik.

Thanking you in advance, LOL

Julie Andrea

Lisa said...

Great story!!! But now i want biscuits....wheres the recipe ????

Lisa said...

Great story!!! But now i want biscuits....wheres the recipe ????

Covered in Love Quilts said...

Adorable story, but I too want the recipe for those yummy looking biscuits. :-)

Sandra said...

C'mon Rachel; pwease...list the recipe!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Thanks for sharing. Now I miss by baby boy....he's 42 now and an excellent cook! Last time I was there he made me pork chops that melted in my mouth.......hmmmmm.

Enjoy him. They growup tooo fast.

Patty said...

I didn't grow up in the south and I don't know how to make good biscuits. Yours in the picture looked real good. Can you tell us how to make them?

Ms. Cook said...

Would you mind posting the recipe?

Purl Buttons said...

Best housework song ever.

Sandra said...

Still awaiting patiently.... :)

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...