still here. promise.

06 December 2011

christmasy quilt :)

so what happened to november?!?!
seriously.

sorry i was awol, but we had a whole lot going on over here.
everyone in the griffith house was sick at least twice. <--hardcore flu type sick.
our daughter kept coming home with head lice thanks to her school bff.
patterns were printed with a major error.
oh and there was a little flea bombing mixed in as well.

i haven't forgotten about yall. promise.

i'm SO glad it's december.
november was ugh with a capital u.

the most creative thing i've done lately is decorate for christmas.
:)

now that the sickness is gone, i'm trying to get back in the groove.
i would like to start with remaking our stockings.
stockings i made 5ish years ago.
stockings that kind of make me cringe because of unmatched seams & cheap fabric.
stockings that my hubby just happens to love.
stay tuned for how that will go down. <--wish me luck :)

and because i know someone will ask...
quilt above = my christmasy synchronized squares quilt.
{tutorial is available HERE.}
fabric = flurry by kate spain for moda

ps - all pattern orders are being processed.
the month of november and the printing error has really set me back.
please remain to be patient with me as i play catch up.
i promise they'll be in your hands as soon as possible.

♥ rachel

Pin It!

17 comments:

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Sounds like November is best forgotten, I hope December is much, much better!

Jennifer said...

Glad you're back. Wondering if anyone has ever shared with you about the essential oil, Thieves? You can diffuse it in your home (and it smells so Christmasy) and all your kiddos and hubby (and you) will be inhaling it as you do your thing and it will be killing germs and everyone will stay well! It's amazing. Let me know if you want info! On another note, I accidentally sold three quilted items to someone this week who had purchased a set of placemats I had donated to a silent auction event a few years ago. She had kept my tags and called for more! Cool! You are always an inspiration to me. Merry Christmas!

Sandy said...

So glad everyone is well and can get in the holiday groove!

Kimberly said...

I was thinking of you today! Glad November (and all it brought) is behind you!

Barbara McD said...

So glad to hear from you!! Here's hoping December is a nicer month than November!

Mary Kay said...

Missed you and am glad that you are back and getting ready for the Christmas season!

Heather D. said...

Oh boy, what a month! Here's hoping that December is 100% better than December, on all fronts. :)

Esch House Quilts said...

Sounds like December should be a breeze compared to November! Lice are the worst! My daughters both got them one summer and I had a terrible time getting rid of them. Mayonnaise finally did the trick.

Hope you are all feeling better!

Crimson Heart Studios said...

What happened to the whole year? It's been crazy and way too fast. I was just stopping by to invite you over for my vintage garland tutorial and giveaway. It's made from scrap fabric, what's better than that?

Michelle said...

Glad you're back. We did the repeated cases of head lice last year. Our saving grace this year. Tea Tree Oil in the shampoo! Haven't had it once! Good luck getting into the holiday groove!

Megan said...

Aww, glad y'all are on the mend! Good luck cranking out all those stockings!!

The One and Only said...

One thing i don't understand is how your daughter could get lice multiple times...I'm sure everyone was sent home with directions on how to clear it up....the only reason I'm asking is because I had lice a couple of times waaayyyy back in the day, so i know what a frickin' pain it is to get rid of....I'm hoping december is a fabulous month for you!!!!

Stacey said...

i know all about this, i so have been wanting to make some new stockings, but have yet to have time too. As you may have seen, we finally moved, posted pics of our new place on my facebook. we are renting a house, but it is pretty amazing! I gotta take some pics of my sewing room today, and you might see a pic of a certain table runner a certain special friend made me, i will cherish it for ever! hope to catch up with you soon. miss chatting with you.

stacey

Jennifer Blosser said...

Stockings ... I want to see pics! That is on my to do list. Another remedy for the sickies is to open all your doors and windows once a month and let the cold air blow through the house for about half an hour. Our doctor friend swears by it and we are going to try it this year!

Hugs & stitches,
Jennifer

Pippa Parsons said...

we had lice last year ewww and I now put tea tree oil drops in the shampoo and wash all our hair with it and spray the kids before they go to school with a anti nit spray... touch wood we haven't had them back yet. Flea bombing..yup the mild weather here hasn't killed them off either and all my family have had lung infections/flu, Ive lost the last 6 weeks to being ill...grrr let's hope December is better eh :)

suemac said...

Glad you are back. Oh I remember those days of head lice well. Ughhh. I am glad my kids are grown up and now it will be their problem

Mary Jo Hutchinson said...

Glad you're back! December can only be better, right?

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...