one of those days.

11 April 2011

heating pad.

today was one of those days.
yall know this kind of day, right?!?!

the kind of day when your to do list is more like your to don't list.
and really it's all because you feel like you're up to your eyeballs in things you need to do instead of doing the things you want to do.

yeah. that's me alright.

so today i ignored my to do list & did something i wanted to do.
a little instant gratification project if you will.
don't yall love those???

heating pad.

i made me a little homemade heating pad.
:D

even though i easily could've made a whole cloth one, i wanted something a little more fun.
plus i wanted a kill two birds with one stone kind of project. <--to make me feel better about dissin' my to do list.

enter "carnival" by jaybird quilts. {hey julie. xoxo.}

yall know i love me some pinwheels.
so it shouldn't come to anyone's surprise that this pattern was on my to do list as soon as i saw it.
no kidding.

carnival + homemade heating pad = instant gratification

me loves it.
i love the pattern & i love my results.


so who knows...maybe tomorrow i can actually tackle my to do list.
i said maybe.
*wink*

and for those inquiring minds...
blue fabric = love by amy butler for rowan/westminster
white solid = pure organic kona by robert kaufman
carnival pattern can be purchased HERE.

♥ rachel

Pin It!

15 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Cute - is it filled with rice or deer corn? Jenn

Rachael said...

LOVE it! I have a wheat pack on my list of 'to do' before the cold hits too.

Jessica said...

a solid that isn't a BELLA SOLID??? I've only been a reader for a few months ... but I'm disappointed in you Rachel! LOL. I love the simplicity of the cushion, tho. So springy!

Hope you have a good day tomorrow!

Jessica
http://thelaizydaisy.com

Angie said...

love! especially love the size. I need one like this - not like the skinny ones. would love to know the dimensions, etc. maybe a tut?? (hint, hint). :)

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

carnival + amy butler + organic solid = YUMMY!!! i love it. you have my address right? ;-)

Sarah Craig said...

Really cute, Rachel!! I don't blame you for ignoring your to-do list!!

Jackie said...

Darling. Sometimes the "to do" list just needs to be ignored. Good for you. Jackie

Jenniffier said...

Actually a heating pad is on my to do list. What did you put in yours? I really like the way yours turned out. Great job!

Bonita Rose said...

your pillow is amazing.. I made a pillow too on the weekend, my first one.. did u see it? it's here,
http://alifeunrehearsed2.blogspot.com/2011/04/its-sew-easy-project-4-fabric-pieced.html

Jennifer Blosser said...

I too am curious as to what you filled it with? A microwave heating pad?

I just ordered that pattern from Julie last week. My to do list just got a lot longer too!

Hugs & stitches,
Jennifer

Deborah said...

Very sassy! Nice job.
I love your stuff. I put a link to your blog from my new blog.
Happy Quilting!

Angie in SoCal said...

so cute = well worth chucking the to do list

Anonymous said...

your pillow is so cute, thanks for the idea.

Annie Rose Quilts said...

I also love the bigger size. Actually, I had to make a cool pad as I'm of a certain age - I take it to bed to fight the night sweats. It's nothing fancy. Maybe I deserve a fancy one like yours but as a new blogger I spend all my day surfing and never get to my sewing!!!

Tsigeyusv said...

Hah, my to don't list... its definitely taking over my to do list, which I really don't want to do!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...