ambitious intentions.

14 July 2010

verna fabric wreath.

so i decided that i needed a "hand" project while we were on vaca.
i was ubber ambitious because i didn't have bindings to do.
{what?!?! NO bindings?!?! i know!!!}

my big ol' moda market bag included:
quilts for show & tell.
quilty magazines.
the makings for a fabric wreath.
& four charm packs with an acrylic hexie template.
{160 hexagons?!?! what the heck was i thinking?!?!}

so what did i actually get done???
not that much.

in my defense...
i did cut out 40 hexies.
& i had this wreath about 3/4 of the way done before we came home.
not too bad, right?!?!
{just say yes. it's good for my ego. ha.}

i finally finished the wreath yesterday.
it took me ALL day to take this pic.
darn camera. it HAS to go to geek squad.
*sigh*

but anyways...
i've only been wanting to get this wreath done since last november.
here i am 8 months later.
& it only takes few hours to make one.
can yall say SLACKER?!?!

i definitely heart this wreath.
& i'm thinking i need one for the baby's room.
wonder if i'll put it off for 8 months?!?!
:P

for those inquiring minds:
fabric = verna by kate spain for moda
pattern = fabric wreath tutorial.

Pin It!

22 comments:

SarahB said...

Beautiful! I went and bought supplies for a wreath when I saw your tut in the Moda Bake Shop 8 months ago and I still haven't done it! Yes, I'm a slacker! :)

Natalia from Piece N Quilt said...

Super cute! I get how you feel it seems sometimes that it takes forever to get anything done! :)

KarrieLyne said...

The simplest projects are the first to be set aside because we say "oh, that wont take me long to finish so I will do it later". Then 8 months later we unbury it...lol

Uber cute! Love Verna!

Kim said...

How pretty! I'm added the bookmark to my when I get time file. ;o)

Bree said...

ah. Wire wreath frame. WAY easier than a wire coat hanger, LOL!!
it came out cute! :)

Val said...

Oh the wreath is gorgeous. We are going on vacation too. I always take my crocheting but don't ever get much done.

Sarah Craig said...

That is absolutely adorable! I think I need to make one of those......

Marisa said...

I have always loved the look of those wreaths! Thanks for including the tutorial.

We have #3 due in Dec. I just might make one for our baby's room as well!

Sandy said...

I made this wreath from your tutorial in the Spring and it is still on my front door....made it out of Sweet. Love it.

Anonymous said...

I made this wreath as Christmas presents and made one for myself...love it...

Jen said...

man i love that fabric! Very cute in a wreath!

Rebecca said...

Uh yeah, your a real slacker! *snort* One in the baby's room would be cute.

Kate said...

Cute wreath! Good idea for a take along project. Now I just need a vacation to take it on :)

BubzRugz said...

Rachel, I love your wreath..... another would look super for the babies room! Hugz from Bubz

Martina said...

It is just awesome! Love that wreath!

Just a little something from Judy said...

This wreath is beautiful! If I feel brave, I might attempt to make it for my daughter's nursery. It would fit in perfectly with her vintage decor. Thanks for the idea.

Nancy said...

I love it. Just printed for my someday pile! Great take-along project.

Denise :) said...

Cute! I had one a very LONG time ago in Christmas fabrics! :)

Tiffany said...

Super cute wreath, great fabric!

Nana Jo said...

I follow p.s. i quilt.

Anonymous said...

Amazing wreath. I am inspired to make one for myself and a few friends for Christmas this year. However I am Australian and have never seen a wreath frame like the one pictured. Can you recommend on online store where I can purchase a few from please.

Anonymous said...

What a great wreath, I have always wanted to make one. Do you have any instructions available?

Thanks.
Valentina

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...