pinwheel sampler quilt along: block six.

28 March 2010

pinwheel sampler quilt along.

yayyy!!!
here are the instructions for block six!!!

001

yall will need:
four 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares of focal print fabric {mine=red}
four 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares of blender print fabric {mine=yellow}
eight 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares of solid fabric {mine=cream}

006

using my hst tutorial, use your 3 7/8" squares to make 16 hst blocks.

007

this is our block layout.
pure cuteness.

016

sew row one together, pressing seams to the right.
sew row two together, pressing seams to the left.
sew row three together, pressing seams to the right.
sew row four together, pressing seams to the left.
{this will ensure perfect seams.}

pinwheel sampler quilt along: block six.

sew all four rows together to construct your block.
cute huh???

pinwheel sampler quilt along: block six.

now make one more block in a completely different color scale.

so that's 12 blocks down. 4 to go.
are yall in love with your blocks???
i know i am.

i can't wait to start seeing all of yall's blocks show up in our flickr pool.

{pdf version of this tutorial can be found here.}

Pin It!

12 comments:

SheilaC said...

Looks great Rachel, thank you!

SHeilaC

Teresa Marie said...

I agree. Pure cuteness!

Jeannie said...

Love those blocks too!!

Jeannette said...

woo hoo! I am ready, thanks!

Tanya Isis Ayala said...

very pretty, I finished mine, will get pics up as soon as my camera regharges. I was wondering how much fabric I will need for the sashing and the back. and what will the dimension of the finished piece be.

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

super cute!

Aimee said...

I'm so wishing I had joined ya'll on this!! Although, I guess it's a good thing I didn't since my machine has been at the spa for a week getting all freshened up. I'll have to come back and do it this summer on my own.

Cherie said...

I'm getting so excited with all my blocks. I also want to share this method of HST from Marci Baker that helped me shorten my time with these blocks. Why didn't I think of this???
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_oRf6mD2k

Jennifer Blosser said...

I am doing a sampler quilt for our guild and I was putting blocks together a few weeks ago. I love this Dutchman's puzzle! Great block - thanks again!

amylouwhosews said...

I love that you are doing this!

I've decided to use this for my month of my bee. I'm still trying to decide what fabrics to use. I have some Momo Oddysea and some Christmas fabrics, those are my main two choices right now. Which would you use?

Oh yeah, are you doing a block a week? I have to send out my stuff by the end of April - well actually before I go to the hospital to have a baby on the 28th!!

Gabrielle @ i.craft said...

In my eagerness to catch up on my blocks. I listened to a movie the other night while cutting out all my blocks for the quilt. Guess what... I cut them all out according to the instructions for Block Two, because thats where I had gotten behind... You guess it... I'm cutting them all down to now fit the other blocks. Yippee... mistakes make us stronger, right? :)hee hee

FleurBleue said...

I've caught up. My blocks are ready and I can't wait for the next bit. Please do another quilt along after this one...love this site,

F

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...