according to me...

04 June 2009

when i was a child...
i would pretend to be a radio dj with my tapes.
mc hammer, garth brooks, and mariah carey were my favs.

i can't imagine my life without...
fingernail polish.
like could yall imagine no one EVER having painted toenails???
scarey.

if i could be anywhere, i'd be...
sitting with a quilt on the cliffs of moher.

my least favorite chore is...
laundry of course...does anyone actually enjoy laundry???
honestly.

if i could be on any reality show, it would be...
rock of love 4 with bret michaels.
kidding.
i'd say the alaska experiment, just to say i did it.

if a mystery package arrived on my doorstep, i'd hope it would be...
a buttload of awesomness.
moda fabrics, joann's new book, and a plane ticket to fall market.

my guilty pleasure is...
edward friggin' cullen.

i thought i would never...
be a domestic goddess.

if a genie granted me three wishes, i’d wish for...
an all expensives paid trip to ireland,
be on moda's payroll,
& dave matthews band to do a live concert in my backyard.

you would never guess it, but i...
totally know more about football than most guys.

p.s. thanks for all the SUPER sweet comments on my last post.
i heart everyone of yall.

note to add: since i've been asked a few times...
fabric in pic is nikki by pat sloan.
{except the white...it's bella solids by moda.}
the quilt is the pic is my pinwheel sampler quilt.

Pin It!

25 comments:

Unknown said...

My toes are always, always painted. Can't go out with naked toes :)
cute post!

Cheryl said...

I have been out of the blogging loop due to computer issues. Rachel I heart this post...it is all warm and fuzzy and very touching! Promise to get back on track with my calendar quilt!!

Lorraine said...

Ditto for the toe nail polish !!
You are also right about the Cliffs of Moher .... I saw them in all their misty magic .

Stacey said...

you love us, cuz that's how we roll

you say that, hope today was better!!

Jacque. said...

okay, I can see mc and mariah, but then you threw garth in there. ?????

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

i ♥ painted toe nails! i used to dj too! lol! and if dave matthews band ever had a concert in your backyard, please invite me!!! can't wait to see your quilt!

Pat said...

Ah....the Cliffs of Moher.....which I was lucky enough to see the first day I visited Ireland some years back. What a BEAUTIFUL place and to be there with a quilt would be PERFECT. I hope you get to do that someday, too.

Unknown said...

My parents always said "dream big". You have some wonderful dreams and I bet that you will see some of them come true!

Kim Brackett said...

The only time I enjoy laundry is when I'm washing a load of new fabric.

Couldn't help noticing all the perfect points on your half-square triangles. And very cute fabric!

pat sloan said...

love the photo party girl!!! but pssstt.... it's not moda... it's mine... LOL!

The Quilt Shoppe said...

Just for the records, my DMIL L*U*V*S laundry. I know, she's nuts.
How did you get those pinwheels so perfect? They're gorgeous! And I love the fabric to :) What's not to love about anything Pat S.?

Casey said...

I love painted toes too! I was so disgusted when I had to rub all my polish off before surgery after having my son, my toes were so not pretty

Mandy said...

I LOVE laundry! Yes, I do. Something about sitting on the sofa with a pile of warm, soft cotton spilling over onto my lap... ahhh.

But I also LOVE Edward Cullen - so am I still cool???

Lauren said...

Umm.. are we twins?
Did you see MC Hammer on Regis and Kelly the other day?
Rock of Love (gag me)
hate laundry
and
EDWARD FRIGGIN' CULLIN!!!

~Niki~ said...

HOW FITTING! FABRIC NAMED AFTER ME. LOL

Little Lady Patchwork said...

Hi Rach!

If I were on a reality tv show, it would be Dancing with the Stars and I would have a super hot body with long legs!

I would also love to be on the payroll at Moda! Let me know if they start sending you checks in the mail.

I never leave the house without painted toenails!

Have a good weekend girl!

Anina said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm with you on the painted toenails. Bare toenails are eeeeek!

Sara said...

Rachel, I would love to be on the Alaska Experiment...what a wonderful experience that would be!

Am loving your blog...and learning a lot...

amylouwhosews said...

I ♥ windy cliffs with crashing sea below. But I need to be better about maintaining my toes.

dotti white said...

Rachel...I love your thoughtful comments today. I haven't had time (or taken the time) to be that thoughtful about myself lately. That would be a great exercise! Have a great weekend!

Unknown said...

Have been away from reading blogs for 3 weeks and have been missing the experience so very much and now I read yours Rachel, and realize that with dial up and the inability to read this blog has been a drag.
I do have time to paint my toe nails though and I never, ever go anywhere without file or lipstick.
All great blogs....

Dawn said...

I am so green behind the ears..plane ticket to market!!!!Ditto on the toes! And yea, I think I've watched the trailer of New Moon every day!!

Rose said...

What a beautiful post today! I ♥ it. The cliffs of moher...stunning. So glad I follow you :)

QuiltNut Creations said...

Bella solids lol ;)

love the pinwheels, great post!

Callipygian said...

MC Hammer, Garth Brooks, and Mariah Carey on tape? Man, we've gotta be around the same age. I didn't pretend to be a dj, but I did choreograph dances to my tapes, I must have done 3 different versions to "Straight Up" by Paula Abdul.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...