endless love: complete!!!

10 November 2008







well here it is.
the moment some of us have been waiting for...for months!!!
{click on pics to make bigger.}


granddaddy's 'endless love' quilt is done!!!
i wrapped it and sent it to granddaddy yesterday.
i'm expecting he'll get it around thursday!!!


obviously i wanted to give this to him in person.but sometimes things just don't work out.
{with me here in ohio...and him in charleston.}


but good news...
momma has assured the following:
it won't be opened until she gets home from work.
{the package is in HER name.}
i will be on the phone AS he opens it.
his reaction WILL be caught on video.
and i get to have a picture of him with it.


i'm SO excited.
and i know granddaddy will treasure it.
of course i'll share the excitement with yall as well.
only a few more days.
did i mention he has NO clue???
they were transplants from my old blog.}


so what do yall think???

today is november 10th...the marine corp birthday.
so to the hubby i say:
happy birthday marine!!! i love you!!!

oh go here. and here. trust me.

Pin It!

8 comments:

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Rachel - That turned out so beautiful. I've been following your progress from the beginning. Your grandaddy will LOVE it! Can't wait to see his reaction. Take care - Jennifer

Rachel T. said...

It turned out awesome! ~Rachel

Eileen said...

This is so VERY beautiful. I very special treasure for sure. What a lovely tribute!

Roni Hunt said...

Hi - just found you from Pat Sloan's site...
I so love your 'endless love'!! If you don't mind I am going to steal your idea for my parent's 60th Wedding Celebration next year (2/26/2009)! I've been trying to figure out what to make and I love your design! I hope you don't mind.

Anonymous said...

Rachel it's beautiful! You might want to give poor grandaddy a moment before your mom snaps the pic, cause I bet he is going to cry when he sees it.

Purple Quilter Queen said...

Hi Rachel - Got a question for you...Do you machine quilt on your own machine or do you send your projects out to a quilter? I'm trying to learn (teach myself) how to quilt on my own Brother machine but am not having much success. Any tips? I've got the right darning foot and the feed dogs are covered by a plastic plate. Guess my problem is tension. So afraid to change it because it works so beautifully when I'm sewing straight line projects. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks! Jennifer

Abby and Stephanie said...

I think your Grandpa will be speechless.

Elizabeth said...

How absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...