for baby faith.

05 April 2009





so here's the story:
last sunday our pastor said that an old member of the church was expecting a baby.
apparently they needed alot of items to welcome her.

the church threw an anonymous baby shower today.
and among those gifts, was this baby quilt i made.

i was not at the shower, but i know the quilt made it there safely.
{via the assistant pastor...aka the hubby's best friend.}

i was being bad rachel and didn't start working on it until thursday.
i pieced it thursday and completed it friday night.
{while the hubby and the above mentioned best friend watched a movie.}

i was in a hurry friday night, so i finished the binding by machine.
{so NOT my favorite way, but it turned out pretty.}

i know that to most people the label is lacking information...
since it was an anonymous gift, i chose to just use the baby's name...faith.

{the photos were taken at night, sorry for the lighting.}

many, many thanks to john for swaping fat quarters with me.
this quilt would NOT have been the same without them!!!

Pin It!

31 comments:

QuiltNut Creations said...

love it! and your stippling is fabulous, i must practice more so i can get mine looking good

Trisha said...

Very sweet quilt. And what a nice thing to do for someone.

Deirdre said...

Disappearing nine patch! It's my new obsession. Super adorable!

Kritta22 said...

She will love it to bits!

Donna said...

I love it, Rachel! The disappearing nine patch is my new favorite block. Thank you for introducing us!

Jilly's Space said...

It turned out beautiful!

Michaela said...

very nice, I bet it will be treasured.

Unknown said...

Boy, did you ever work fast!! It is just great! I love it and so will she!

Lauren The Artist said...

Record time! It turned out lovely.

Purple and Paisley said...

awwww...rachel, it is just gorgeous! how very thoughtful...☺

Jacque. said...

WOW...you work fast! Beautiful quilt...it will be muchly loved, I'm sure.

Mandy said...

I love those shades of pink! Fast work and a great cause - how generous of you to let it remain anonymous:)

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Wow- it is stunning...and I'm sure will be very appreciated. Well done getting it done so fast!

John said...

Looks great! What a nice story. I'm glad I could make a contribution, however small!

Micki said...

Very nice quilt indeed! I love it!
Micki

erica e said...

this is beautiful. i love the vintage pink and blue. so sweet!

jabeybaby said...

What an adorable quilt and super sweet gift!

Sarah said...

Adorable!!! I love the colors that you chose! I am working on a D9P right now. :)

Thimbleanna said...

Wow Rachel -- what a nice friend you are. The baby quilt turned out great!

Pat said...

Very nice and how kind of your church to do this baby shower for that family!

Unknown said...

I love the simple note. It says it all. Stippling is my favorite thing to do...I know I am nearing the end of a project.

Sherri said...

What a wonderful and heartfelt (and heartful) gift!

Anne said...

Is that a disappearing 9-patch? Very CUTE!

dotti white said...

Wow, Rachel, I am so impressed. Not just that you made the quilt top itself but that you quilted it, too. Do you do your stippling on a regular sewing machine? It looks like it and it is beautiful. I am sure it will be one of Faith's favorite quilts! You are an inspiration!

Amanda Jean said...

what a sweet little quilt. and i like the simple label, too. perfect.

Gari in AL said...

I do not know how people make a quilt in a day but you sure do a great job.

Nanette Merrill said...

Oh it is lovely. Rachel you are very talented. I'm sure the new mom is very happy with all the love she got.

Jodi Nelson said...

What an adorable quilt! Can I have one?

Valerie the Pumpkin Patch Quilter said...

Very beautiful, I love it! :) The labe is perfect, and when most people forget labels at least you included one...and such a pretty one. :)

Anonymous said...

What a thoughtful gift! Can someone send me a tutorial for the sew cute disappearing 9-patch quilt? Thanks!
dixiema1@hotmail.com

tmac said...

What type of stitch did you use to finish the binding by machine?

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...