ahead of the game.

29 March 2009

just taking a break from taking a break to show yall these:

tweet tweet tweet.
this is for katy.
{this is my april block for the cottage quilting bee.}

all i was thinking the WHOLE time i was making this was...
this would make the perfect doll quilt!!!

purple smurple.
this is for katie.
{this is also an april block for the cottage quilting bee.}

miss melanie was mommy's little helper on this one.
i'll have yall know that she literally kissed all the squares before they were sewn into rows.
it was the cutest thing EVER.

it feels good to be ahead of the game.
i still have a block to do for bee inspired.
and then a block to make for my pal john. just because he asked me to.
those will both be done this week sometime.

p.s. john is having a giveaway starting tomorrow...
yall should check it out!!!

Pin It!

16 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

wow - the bird block is fabulous! good job, girl! i will have your block/package out this week...dianah's, too...so sorry it's taken me so long...ugh...

Unknown said...

I love both blocks! How sweet that you daughter kissed the fabrics. That brings good luck, right? At least in my book it does.

Pat said...

These are both very nice. Good idea to have Miss Melanie so involved with quilting at a young age!

John said...

thanks for the shout-out! i just finished up my giveaway prizes ... no good pics of them yet, but i should be able to get some in the morning. great blocks!

Kritta22 said...

Kissing the blocks!!???!

I sooooo want a girl!

I love all your work!

When are we going to hang out?

Darci said...

I love your blocks and thing that your daughter kissing them is sooooo cute! Can't wait to see what you do for John.

Tacha said...

Love these blocks and the kissing is just sooooooo cute!

Anonymous said...

They both look awesome. I wish I was ahead of the game! It always inspires me to get to sewing other things.

Lisa said...

Hi Rachel! I have given you the Sisterhood Award ... check out my blog...thanks!

Des said...

whoa, whoa, whoa. That bird fabric in the center is yep......ROCKtastic!!!!! Why haven't I seen that fabric before?

Thimbleanna said...

Ooooh, that little bluebirdy block is adorable!

Nanette Merrill said...

Cute cute. I have that bird fabric too. I need to use it!

a good yarn said...

Pretty purples and a sweet tweet!

Carrie P. said...

I love the bird block. So cute.

Micki said...

The bird block is to die for. I love it!
Micki

Quoizel said...

I wish I was this crafty. These quilts are so adorable.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...