look to the stars.

03 February 2014

look to the stars quilt.
in a continuing effort to document all of my quilt making over the past couple of years,
i'm going to share all of the quilts from my book, quilts made with love.
my goal is to share one quilt a day.

today's quilt is look to the stars.
although it's honorable, deployment can take its toll on both soldiers and their families.
my husband has a military background, so we've seen our fair share of deployments, and trust me, gestures like this quilt, given to the soldier or the soldier's family, can make someone's week.

quilt stats:
size = 66" x 66"
fabric = heirloom and lanikai for dear stella
piecing = rachel griffith
quilting = darla padilla
pattern = look to the stars from quilts made with love

who has an deployment quilt on their to make list?

xo, rachel

Pin It!

3 comments:

Keep Stitchin' said...

That is really pretty! I love two color quilts, especially when they're scrappy!

Jayne said...

Its a beautiful quilt! I'm sure the soldiers family was touched deeply by our kindness!

Anonymous said...

As a US Navy wife we have had many deployments My husband had 12 straight years of sea-duty! He missed the birth of both our children and numerous birthdays, Christmas etc. 15 moves in 23 years - now we are retired in VA Bch. Fortunately this area has lots of different quilt guilds, shows and in three weeks we have the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival in Hampton, VA - thank you Mancuso! We did get to see the world.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...