pinwheel sampler quilt along: finishing

24 April 2010

pinwheel sampler quilt along.

yayyy it's sashing/finishing week!!!
:D

pinwheel sashing layout.

these measurements/fabric requirements are for a 4x4 layout.
use this diagram to construct your top.
easy peasy.

yall will need:
3 short sashings for each row.
12 cut at 12 1/2" x 2 1/2"
3 longer sashings cut at 54 1/2" x 2 1/2"
{piece 2 strips then cut down to 54 1/2"}

right & left verticals are 54 1/2" x 2 1/2"
top & bottom are 58 1/2" x 2 1/2"

quilt should finish at 58 1/2" x 58 1/2"
{3 1/2 yards backing.}

binding: six 2 1/2" x wof strips
{1/2 yard needed.}

my pinwheel sampler top.

so here's my amazing pinwheel sampler quilt top.
yeah...i'm biased like that...so sue me.
*wink*

i heart it. alot.
seriously.

let's meet back in 2 weeks & show completed quilts.
that's right. 2 weeks to construct your top, layer, baste, quilt & bind.
so let's get this party started.

i can't wait to start seeing all of yall's quilt tops show up in our flickr pool.
and for the over achievers: please wait to unveil your completed tops.
let's have a pinwheel sampler parade!!!
it'll be fun & worth the wait. promise.

Pin It!

17 comments:

Cindy said...

This is awesome!! See you in two weeks!

Jeannie said...

Looks wonderful! I think I'll make an extra row.

Jeni said...

I keep staring at it. That is so pretty. I have never done a pinwheel. Now it's all I can think about doing. Enjoy yours!

Katie said...

So I fell at the last :( I will finish the last block (over ambitious perhaps!) and will be back with a completed top. Finishing will come later.... much later....

Loving the finished top btw. Stunning, enjoy it. I really loved this quilt along, thank you so much for doing it.

Jen said...

it's beautiful! i'm hoping to play catch-up today and finish the top. all my blocks are cut and i'm adding an extra row at the bottom. just so when i lay on the couch, it covers my feet! (i'm kinda tall and i hate it when a quilt isn't long enough to cover my shoulders and feet when i'm cold!)

Kristine said...

Great job on your quilt, Rachel! I am making an extra row for both of my pinwheel quilts, plus I haven't even started the last week's blocks. So, I'll be lucky if I have the tops completed in 2 weeks. I have no batting or backing yet for either one, so....I won't be in on the parade =( It will be fun to see all the quilt tops, though. Thanks so much for doing this quilt along!

Kami said...

I am choosing to be overly ambitious, and mix up my pinwheels with some that are smaller sizes. I know I won't have both quilts finished in two weeks, but maybe, I will still be able to show off my completed tops.

I love your finished quilt. I look forward to the pinwheel parade.

Renee said...

hehe I only just started my quilt yesterday! I have a bit of catching up to do! Thanks so much for this tutorial Rachel, I am loving it (and slowly getting over my fear of triangles!).

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog from Dolls from the Loft. You have some beautiful pieces. Great inspiration too. I became a follower and put your blog in my sidebar to see all new posts.

Dandelion Quilts said...

This is very pretty. I hope to get to mine but I am starting to realize with spring sports, it might have to be a summer project. Yours is lovely though...

KarrieLyne said...

Love how your quilt has turned out so far Rachel! I can't wait to see everyones all completed. It will be like Christmas :) I've started quilting mine now, but man oh man, it's gonna take me some time. Good thing you gave us two weeks...LOL!

The Purple Turtle said...

I finished my top today!! I won't be able to quilt it to joing the parade (plus i don't have flikr) but it is so pretty!!


THANK YOU for offering such a great tutorial -- This has been so much fun!

Unknown said...

It's really beautiful and what a wonderful tutorial you have given.

Loves to Quilt said...

I didn't join your Pinwheel group, but I saw the finished product, loved it, made it, and have posted it. Thanks for the idea and pattern!

eva said...

??

GLÒRIA said...

Very beautiful Pinwheel group!!

Meagan said...

I'm late on this, but it is a great quilt-along! I LOVE getting to see how different everyone's turned out!
They are all beautiful!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...