pinwheel sampler quilt along: block seven.

10 April 2010

pinwheel sampler quilt along.

yayyy!!!
here are the instructions for block seven!!!

002

yall will need:
two 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares of focal print fabric {mine=red}
two 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" squares of solid fabric {mine=cream}

two 1 1/2" x 6 1/2" strips of solid fabric {mine=cream}
two 1 1/2" x 8 1/2" strips of solid fabric {mine=cream}
two 1 1/2" x 10 1/2" strips of solid fabric {mine=cream}
two 1 1/2" x 12 1/2" strips of solid fabric {mine=cream}

two 1 1/2" x 8 1/2" strips of secondary print fabric {mine=aqua}
two 1 1/2" x 10 1/2" strips of secondary print fabric {mine=aqua}*

*if you are using layer cake pieces...
add two 1 1/2" x 2" strips of secondary print fabric {mine=aqua}
yall will need to piece your 1 1/2" x 2" strips to your 1 1/2" x 10" strips.
& then trim your whole strip down to 10 1/2" long.
this is the only way to do this with layer cake pieces.


{pretend i was cool enough to take a pic of my hst blocks.}

using my hst tutorial, use your 3 7/8" squares to make 4 hst blocks.

008

this is our block layout.
simple, but cute.

pinwheel sampler quilt along: block seven.

sew all your pieces together to construct your block.
i really like the simplicity of this block.

pinwheel sampler quilt along: block seven.

now make one more block in a completely different color scale.

obviously i have some addiction to the red in this line.
i couldn't help but use it twice.
:P

so that's 14 blocks down. only 2 to go.
are yall antsy to be done yet???

i can't wait to start seeing all of yall's blocks show up in our flickr pool.

{pdf version of this tutorial can be found here.}

Pin It!

16 comments:

Julie @ Jaybird Quilts said...

love these... you may actually get me to make a pinwheel!!

Mary said...

Oh boy. This one might just be my favorite. Yup! Favorite!!!

Jeannie said...

Ok, so this is my favorite block!! I know I say that everytime but this time this truly is my favorite block.heh.eh..e

Emily said...

Yay! Since I caught up earlier this week, I've been anxiously awaiting block 7 - and it is sooooo pretty!

QuiltNut Creations said...

yay!! love the frame on this one :)

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

what lovely fabric you are using.
Karen
http://karensquilting.com/blog/

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Ok Rachel, you have to stop! Each time you post a new one, it becomes my favorite, and now I'm all confused!

Even though I'm not participating, I am thoroughly enjoying following along and also cannot wait to see the finished quilts in the flickr pool.

MGM

Cris A said...

You ROCK!!! I'm actually making 4 of each block! One in Frolic and one using Ginger Blossom! I think I'll be buying another layer cake and making yet another!! You've got me completely addicted! And to think I hated making triangles before!

Jeannette said...

Well alrighty block seven!! The border is something new to me so I like it! but I like them all :) Thanks!

fiberdoodles said...

Super cute! I love this block!!

The Purple Turtle said...

Rachel,

I LOVELOVELOVELOVELOVE this quilt-along.

I just got caught up earlier this week, and I was starting to stalk your blog for block 7.


THANK YOU for being so awesome and creating this for all of us.

Jessica

Moose on the Porch Quilts said...

The reds in that line really are great!

TJ and Whitnee said...

What cute pinwheels! Your material is darling! I'd like to share a link to your tutorial, and your quilt along, on sewwhattoday.blogspot.com on April 14!

John'aLee said...

Beautiful blocks!

Anonymous said...

This is my all-time favorite pinwheel block! i am inspired, -just in time for our quilt retreat!!

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Oh my goodness is that ever cute! You have just given me a wonderful idea for a little stash that I've been pondering about! Thanks a bunch. I'm soooooo glad I found your blog.

Smiles, Delinda Lea

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...