to my momma.

10 May 2009

today makes your 26th mother's day as my momma!!!
so here are 26 things i ♥ about you:
{and in no particular order.}

i ♥ that you are a giving person!!!

i ♥ that the second i say hello, you already know what kind of mood i'm in!!!

i ♥ that you painted the walls in your house yellow just to make you smile!!!

i ♥ how you look at things over the top of your glasses sometimes!!!
{it's cute. honestly.}

i ♥ your laugh!!!

i ♥ that out of all the people that read/subscribe to my blog,
only me and you will get this:
"i was brought up in the georgia school system, and i ain't no dummy!!!"

i ♥ that you love old barns!!!
{every time i leave my house i see the barns and think of you.}

i ♥ how you are afraid of caterpillars!!!
{and how sean chases you with one and you scream like a little girl.}

i ♥ how much you love being a momma to me & sean!!!

i ♥ that you let me get you addicted to twilight!!!
{more to the point...edward cullen. yum!!!}

i ♥ that you hate sticky stuff!!!

i ♥ how you banter with shane!!!
{it makes my heart happy.}

i ♥ that you are all about different types of music!!!
{i swear i get that from you!!!}

i ♥ how you order us pizza from 730.13 miles away!!!

i ♥ that your favorite movie of all time is the quiet man!!!

i ♥ that 55' is perfect weather to you!!!
{while i'm sitting there freezing in my hoodie.}

i ♥ that you call the guys from supernatural your boys!!!

i ♥ your freckles!!!
and i'm proud to have them myself.
{it's all that irishness.}

i ♥ how you save grandmomma's hand written recipes!!!

i ♥ that you love being "mimi" to all 7 of your grandbabies!!!

i ♥ that you wanna go to ireland as much as i do!!!
{and that we have somewhat of a plan!!!}

i ♥ that you consider shane your son just as much as you do sean.

i ♥ that you feed saddie hormel chicken!!! & ham!!!
{spoiled. rotten. dog.}

i ♥ that you are there when i need you without fail!!!

i ♥ that you ALWAYS support my quilty endeavors!!!
everything from a swap, to moda bake shop, to getting a pattern published.
{thank you for that.}

and lastly...
i ♥ that this blog post will forever rank in your fav 5 mother's day gifts!!!

happy mother's day momma!!!
i ♥ you!!!

p.s. 48 and a wake up until i see you again!!!

Pin It!

21 comments:

ladydi said...

Awww, what a nice daughter you are! I'm sure your mom knows how lucky she is.

Unknown said...

Awesome

Donna said...

Aw, Rachel. So sweet. Cherish every day that you have a momma. I lost mine in 2005 without a chance to say goodbye and it definitely leaves a hole forever in your heart.

Della said...

Awwww Rachel. Does your mom know how lucky she is? I'm betting she does. Hugs

Pat said...

I am sure your mommma knows how lucky she is and I am sure she MUST be the wonderful lady you say she is since she raised a REALLY wonderful daughter in you. VERY nice post, Rachel......made me teary-eyed for the hundredth time today, actually.

dotti white said...

What a sweet gift to give your momma on mother's day, rachel! That is very touching! Enjoy the rest of your day!

Aunt Spicy said...

What a fabulous post/tribute for your mom!

Unknown said...

Terrific and loving post!

Val said...

I think your little girl loves you! Happy Mothers Day!

QuiltNut Creations said...

that was so sweet

Kathy said...

What a wonderful post to share with us....

Journeying Five said...

beautiful tribute to your mother...she sounds wonderful!

V and Co. said...

happy mothers day to you too!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Hi Rachel, Your Mom will cherish that always. I know she is so proud of you too.
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Lisa said...

OMG .. you look just like your mom!!! What a great post!

Purple Quilter Queen said...

That is the most awesome Mother's Day present ever! That beats David Letterman's Top 10 List anyday! Happy Mother's Day to you Rachel and your momma too! Jennifer

Dawn said...

If I posted thing like that to my mom, she would have asked what I wanted?? That was nice!! Oh, and I agree...you look just like your momma!!

Candace said...

Oh, Rachel - this brings tears to my eyes - what a lovely tribute to your mom!
Cheers!

Kritta22 said...

You are so cute!

Rose said...

I {heart} todays blog post! Hey, how do you get the little hearts to show up in your text? I love that :)
P.S. Your mom sounds like a wonderful lady

Sew Create It - Jane said...

What a touching post! There is nothing like the love between a mother and her daughter.

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...