we're matchy-matchy...and we like it.

24 August 2008




are these not the cutest things EVER???

do you have the new quilts & more magazine???

i picked up my copy on thurday night.
i could NOT, for the life of me, get this cute bag out of my head.
{see page 17.}
i HAD to make it.

so as i was cutting fabrics for my new bag i had a brillant idea:
make melanie a little fabric basket in the same fabrics.
hence the matchy-matchy of it all.

there you have it:
mommy & me bags were born.

and seriously...wasn't this fall issue awesome???
did yall's 'have to make that' list grow like mine did???
i think i counted like 5 additions.
next up: i'm thinking 'almost irish'
{page 62.}
tehehe.

kudos to monica for having 2 awesome bags in this issue.
and to pat for her super cute table runner.
:D

p.s. when i snap a pic of melanie and her 'purse' i'll show yall. promise.

Pin It!

11 comments:

Carrie P. said...

How cute! What a great idea using the fabic basket to make your daughter a bag. Great fabric choices too.

Abby and Stephanie said...

I got my mag the other day and love just about everything in it. Cute matching bags!

Mary Anne said...

What a great idea!!!! Those are definately the cutest bags! You did a GREAT job!

Alice Grace said...

Beautiful bags! I love your blog, I am so glad I found you! Thanks for the comment on mine. I will mark you as one of my favorites!

sewtakeahike said...

love your bags Rachel! You really do fabulous work!

Anonymous said...

I have that magazine too and am thinking about which fabrics to use to make a bag. I like all those pockets for my "stuff".

happy zombie said...

OH HOW CUTE!!! You made my day, and loved seeing your mini one too!

a good yarn said...

Fantastic bags - you've definiely been bitten by the bag bug!

I shal just have to get my hands on a copy of this magazine. I just know I'm missing out!

Cheers, Ann

jacquie said...

totally cute!!! love the bags. and that fabric in your previous post...oh i almost fell over in my chair...i may stay awhile just to look at the picture a bit longer!

Unknown said...

Your bags are so cute! I need to get that mag . . . :)

TaraB said...

I have eyed this bag several times. Is it small? The measurements don't seem to make it very large. Would it be easy to increase the size on??? Love your blog!

related posts plugin for wordpress, blogger...